Thursday, February 14, 2013

SPICY GRANOLA LOVE NUGGS ❤





SPICY GRANOLA LOVE NUGGS 

We celebrated this Valentines Day early so I could get this romantic treat out to you in time to share them with your love.I call them Love Nuggs because I cut them down into little bite size nuggets.

Ingredients

Granola

1 1/2 cups organic rolled oats
1 cup chopped nuts (I used almonds & Brazil nuts, they're Ryan's favorite)
1/2 cup hemp seeds
1/4 cup raw cacao nibs
1/4 cup organic coconut oil
1/4 cup coconut flake (reserve some to sprinkle on top)
1/2 cup organic peanut butter
3/4 cup raw organic honey (reserve 2 Tbsp to drizzle on top)

Cacao frosting (for drizzle)

1/4 cup cacao powder
1/8 or less (dash) cayenne pepper
2-3 Tbsp raw organic agave
1 Tbsp coconut oil
optional - Himalayan sea salt (pinch)


Instructions

Preheat oven to 350•

Place all granola ingredients in a large bowl and mix until all ingredients are incorporated evenly.

Line a 8"x8" or 9"x9"baking pan with parchment paper. Press granola mixture into the lined pan and press it all in place evenly.

Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Now, at this point the granola will still be a little warm, this is when I like to cut them so they don't just crumble apart.



Carefully remove the parchment paper from the baking pan and set aside. Cut into bite size or granola bar size but do not separate.

Cacao Frosting

In a small glass bowl mix cacao powder, agave, and coconut oil until you get a frosting like texture.

Melt the cacao frosting and drizzle over granola. I do not use a microwave so I did this by putting the frosting into small glass measuring bowl then adding that bowl to a small pot filled with shallow water on on med/high heat and stirring constantly until I got the drizzle consistency that I wanted. 



Melt and drizzle the reserve honey over the granola. I used the same melting method as I did with the frosting.

Sprinkle coconut flakes over the granola, chill or freeze for 30 min and enjoy

Ryan kinda made me jump the gun a little bit on this batch, he watched me the entire time and couldn't resist the moment that I took them out of the pan. He kept asking, are they done yet, are they done yet?? I felt bad for him... So, I gave in and cut him a couple of big bars but they kinda fell apart on me.  That's OK though... He asked foe a spoon a happily dug in. A moan after the first bite and I knew that my Live Nuggs where a hit!







1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies REVEAL How Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    This means that you literally burn fat by eating Coconut Fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medical magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete