Thursday, January 24, 2013

SWEET CILANTRO LEMON JUICE



SWEET CILANTRO LEMON JUICE

I haven't been sick in over two years now,  I'm definitely convinced that my strengthened immunity is due to all the fresh juices I've been drinking!

This week I've been playing around with lots of carrot-based juices. If you are new to juicing, I definitely recommend starting with a carrot-based juice because it will be incredibly sweet, even without the addition of fruit! Some of my favorite combinations include: 

  • 5 carrots, 3 kale leaves, and 1/2-inch piece of fresh ginger
  • 3 carrots, 2 beets, 1 apple, and 1/2-inch piece of fresh ginger, 1/2 lemon
  • 3 carrots, 3 celery stalks, 3 chard leaves, and small handful of mint
  • 3 carrots, 1/2 cucumber, and small handful of mint
And, of course...

Carrot Cilantro Juice

Ingredients
  • 5 medium carrots
  • small handful cilantro
  • 1/2 green bell pepper
  • 1 lemon, peeled

 
 
This juice is a sweet and zesty mix between the carrots, bell pepper, and cilantro.  I also love adding a lemon for a nice tartness and even more alkalizing power.  For an additional immune boost (and to ward off vampires), try sneaking in a garlic clove or two!

I looove cilantro so I actually added quite a big handful to my juice. If cilantro's not your thing, you can either leave it out or substitute with a different fresh herb like parsley. Drink up!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment